This Acceptable Usage Policy covers the security and use of all (Reliability Extranet’s) information and IT equipment. It also includes the use of email, internet, voice, and mobile IT equipment. This policy applies to all (Reliability Extranet’s) employees, contractors, and agents (hereafter referred to as ‘individuals’).
This policy applies to all information, in whatever form, relating to (Reliability Extranet’s) business activities worldwide, and to all information handled by (Reliability Extranet) relating to other organisations with whom it deals. It also covers all IT and information communications facilities operated by (Reliability Extranet) or on its behalf.
COMPUTER ACCESS CONTROL – INDIVIDUAL’S RESPONSIBILITY
Access to the (Reliability Extranet) IT systems is controlled by the use of User IDs, passwords, and/or tokens. All User IDs and passwords are to be uniquely assigned to named individuals and consequently, individuals are accountable for all actions on the (Reliability Extranet’s) IT systems.
Individuals must not:
- Allow anyone else to use their user ID/token and password on any (Reliability Extranet) IT system.
- Leave their user accounts logged in at an unattended and unlocked computer.
- Use someone else’s user ID and password to access (Reliability Extranet’s) IT systems.
- Leave their password unprotected (e.g. writing it down).
- Perform any unauthorised changes to (Reliability Extranet’s) IT systems or information.
- Attempt to access data that they are not authorised to use or access.
- Exceed the limits of their authorisation or specific business need to interrogate the system or data.
- Give or transfer (Reliability Extranet) data or software to any person or organisation outside (Reliability Extranet) without the authority of (Reliability Extranet).
Line managers must ensure that individuals are given clear direction on the extent and limits of their authority with regard to IT systems and data.
RELIABILITY EXTRANET SYSTEMS CONDITIONS OF USE
Individuals must not:
- Use Reliability Extranet systems for the purposes of harassment or abuse.
- Use profanity, obscenities, or derogatory remarks in communications.
- Access, download, send, or receive any data (including images), which (Reliability Extranet) considers offensive in any way, including sexually explicit, discriminatory, defamatory, or libellous material.
- In any way infringe any copyright, database rights, trademarks, or other intellectual property laws.
ACTIONS UPON TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
All (Reliability Extranet) equipment and data, must be returned to (Reliability Extranet) at termination of contract.
All (Reliability Extranet) data or intellectual property developed or gained during the period of employment remains the property of (Reliability Extranet) and must not be retained beyond termination or reused for any other purpose.
MONITORING AND FILTERING
All data that is created and stored on (Reliability Extranet) computers is the property of (Reliability Extranet).
IT system logging will take place where appropriate, and investigations will be commenced where reasonable suspicion exists of a breach of this or any other policy. (Reliability Extranet) has the right (under certain conditions) to monitor activity on its systems.
All breaches of information security policies will be investigated. Where investigations reveal misconduct, Reliability Extranet may cancel your access to our systems.