This Acceptable Usage Policycovers the security and use of all (Reliability Extranet’s) information and ITequipment. It also includes the use of email, internet, voice, and mobile ITequipment. This policy applies to all (Reliability Extranet’s) employees,contractors, and agents (hereafter referred to as ‘individuals’).
This policy applies to allinformation, in whatever form, relating to (Reliability Extranet’s) businessactivities worldwide, and to all information handled by (Reliability Extranet)relating to other organisations with whom it deals. It also covers all IT andinformation communications facilities operated by (Reliability Extranet) or onits behalf.
COMPUTER ACCESS CONTROL – INDIVIDUAL’S RESPONSIBILITY
Access to the (ReliabilityExtranet) IT systems is controlled by the use of User IDs, passwords, and/ortokens. All User IDs and passwords are to be uniquely assigned to namedindividuals and consequently, individuals are accountable for all actions onthe (Reliability Extranet’s) IT systems.
Individuals must not:
- Allow anyone else to use their user ID/token andpassword on any (Reliability Extranet) IT system.
- Leave their user accounts logged in at an unattendedand unlocked computer.
- Use someone else’s user ID and password to access (ReliabilityExtranet’s) IT systems.
- Leave their password unprotected (e.g. writing itdown).
- Perform any unauthorised changes to (ReliabilityExtranet’s) IT systems or information.
- Attempt to access data that they are not authorised touse or access.
- Exceed the limits of their authorisation or specificbusiness need to interrogate the system or data.
- Give or transfer (Reliability Extranet) data orsoftware to any person or organisation outside (Reliability Extranet) withoutthe authority of (Reliability Extranet).
Line managers must ensurethat individuals are given clear direction on the extent and limits of theirauthority with regard to IT systems and data.
RELIABILITY EXTRANET SYSTEMS CONDITIONS OF USE
- Use Reliability Extranet systems for the purposes ofharassment or abuse.
- Use profanity, obscenities, or derogatory remarks incommunications.
- Access, download, send, or receive any data (includingimages), which (Reliability Extranet) considers offensive in any way, includingsexually explicit, discriminatory, defamatory, or libellous material.
- In any way infringe any copyright, database rights,trademarks, or other intellectual property laws.
ACTIONS UPON TERMINATION OF CONTRACT
All (Reliability Extranet)equipment and data, must be returned to (Reliability Extranet) at terminationof contract.
All (Reliability Extranet)data or intellectual property developed or gained during the period ofemployment remains the property of (Reliability Extranet) and must not be retainedbeyond termination or reused for any other purpose.
MONITORING AND FILTERING
All data that is created andstored on (Reliability Extranet) computers is the property of (ReliabilityExtranet).
IT system logging will takeplace where appropriate, and investigations will be commenced where reasonablesuspicion exists of a breach of this or any other policy. (Reliability Extranet)has the right (under certain conditions) to monitor activity on its systems.
All breaches of informationsecurity policies will be investigated. Where investigations reveal misconduct,Reliability Extranet may cancel your access to our systems.